We live life forwards, but understand it backwards. Either way, it's a personal journey.
The characters in this collection are looking back into the half-shaded landscapes of memory. Most are "of a certain age", but young voices appear too, in stories uplifting and regretful, comic and sinister, poignant and optimistic.
- Will "Ruby, the Silver Surfer" learn to cut and paste and save?
- Who is "Mrs. Melanie?"
- Should "Billy the Quid" sell up?
- Can Frank Smith cope with being an "Old Man in a Young Pub?"
- Why is Lydia "Sleepless in Southampton?"
- "What's in your bag, mister?" asks the small boy in "A Bag for Life."
Interview with Paul Toolan
Connect with Paul Toolan